It is so important you continue your daily reading. Please read at least five times a week, around 5-10 minutes a day – great if you can read longer. Please read aloud to your grown up. Choose from the following types of text:
- your school reading books
- your assigned books on Active Learn – Bug Club:
(log in details on page 21 of Home School Diary).
Please make sure that you read the whole of your book and answer the bug questions so that you can close the book and a new book will appear.
- one of your own fiction or non-fiction books
- a magazine or comic
- the high frequency words and Year 1 common exception words (p23 Home-School Diary) to build the children’s sight vocabulary
Daily English Lesson on Oak National Academy
Click on the link to take part in the Daily English Lesson for Year 1 on the Oak National Academy Website. Look for today’s date.
Choose two of the following activities to complete each week:
- Write your first and second name
- Write a list of 5-10 items of your choice e.g. food, animals, vehicles, colours, words beginning with the same letter etc.
- Create and write a card to a person of your choice
- Create a home diary and write a sentence about your day e.g. I played a game, I read my book, I saw Paw Patrol on TV, I made a cake etc.
- Draw a picture and write a sentence about it
- Draw a character from a book and write a sentence about them
Daily Spelling and Word work
Monday: Spelling Shed
Log in details on Page 21 of your Home School Diary.
Practise your spelling assignment on spelling shed.
Practise spelling 3 words from the Phase 2 list: find these on p22 of the Home School Diary.
Wednesday: Spelling Shed
Practise playing the ‘Bonus Games’ on Spelling Shed – try the ‘Bee Keeper’ or ‘Missing Word’ games.
Thursday: Sentence work
Choose 1 or 2 words from the Year 1 Common Exception Word list (on p 23) and write it in a sentence, using a capital letter to start your sentence and a full stop to end it.
Friday: Vocabulary work
Practise spelling 3 words from the Year 1 Common Exception Word list: find these on p22 of the Home School Diary.
This term we are revising and consolidating our Phase 2 sounds. Please practise the Phase 2 sounds below everyday to develop quick recall and recognition. Try to use the sounds to make short words e.g. sat, pin, tin, milk, miss, huff, doll, mug, cup etc
Please play Phase 2 games on: