It is so important you continue your daily reading. Please read at least-15 minutes a day – great if you can read longer. Choose from the following types of text:
- your school reading book
- your assigned book on Active Learn – Bug Club
(log in details on page 21 of Home School Diary)
- the high frequency words and Year 1 and Year 2 common exception words (p.22-23 Home-School Diary) to build the children’s sight vocabulary
- one of your own fiction or non-fiction books
- an article on the Children’s Newsround website
- a magazine or comic
Daily English Lesson on Oak National Academy
Click on the link to take part in the Daily English Lesson for Year 2 on the Oak National Academy Website. Look for today’s date.
Choose two of the following activities to complete each week:
- Write the weekly shopping list out for your parents
- Write a letter to an elderly relative who is also isolating or who may be missing you!
- Choose a character from your book and write a description of them
- Re-tell your favourite fairy tale or story
- Create a poster to tell other people how to correctly wash your hands
- Find a picture/photo of a place (a forest, a beach, mountain, planet, cave etc) and write a setting description
You can find lots of different pictures on www.pobble365.com
- If you have done some cooking at home, write instructions for how to make the food
Daily Spelling and Word work
Monday: Spelling Shed
Log in details on Page 21 of your Home School Diary.
Practise your spelling assignment on spelling shed.
Practise spelling 10 words from the Year 2 Common Exception Word spelling list: find these on p 23 of the Home School Diary.
Wednesday: Spelling Shed
Practise playing the ‘Bonus Games’ on Spelling Shed – try the ‘Bee Keeper’ or ‘Missing Word’ games.
Thursday: Sentence work
Choose 5 words from your spelling shed list and write them in a sentence, showing your understanding of the meaning.
Friday: Vocabulary work
Find 3 interesting words in your reading work. Talk to an adult about the meaning of the word and begin to learn to spell it. Try to use these words in a conversation.
We are beginning to revise and consolidate children’s understanding of Phase 5. Please practise these sounds and home and finding them within words.
Please play games on: