It is so important you continue your daily reading. Please read at least 30 minutes a day – great if you can read longer (you may wish to break it up into two 15 minute sessions). Choose from the following types of text:
your school reading book
- your assigned book on Active Learn – Bug Club
(log in details on page 21 of Home School Diary)
- one of your own fiction or non-fiction books
- an article on the Children’s Newsround website
- a magazine or comic
- The Year 2 and the Year 3/Year 4 spelling list - pages 23 and 24 of the Home School Diary
Please spend some time discussing what you have read with an adult- see pages 30-35 of the Home School Diary for further details.
Daily English Lesson on Oak National Academy
Click on the link to take part in the Daily English Lesson for Year 6 on the Oak National Academy Website. Look for today’s date.
Choose two of the following activities to complete each week:
- Write the weekly shopping list out for your parents
- Write a letter to an elderly relative who is also isolating or who may be missing you!
- Imagine you are the character from your book and write a diary entry for something they do
- Create a poster about all the fun things you’re missing at school!
- Retell a traditional tale- e.g. Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Little Pigs
- Create list of reasons for someone to come to St Mark’s School, or visit Weston
- Find a picture/photo of a place (a forest, a beach, mountain, planet, cave etc) and write a setting description
- If you have done some cooking at home, write instructions for how to make the food.
Daily Spelling and Word work
Monday: Spelling Shed
Log in details on Page 21 of your Home School Diary.
Practise your spelling assignment on spelling shed.
Practise spelling 10 words from the Year 3 /4 spelling list: find these on p 24 of the Home School Diary.
Wednesday: Spelling Shed
Practise playing the ‘Bonus Games’ on Spelling Shed – try the ‘Bee Keeper’ game. You could even try set up a Hive game with someone else.
Thursday: Sentence work
Choose 5 words from the Year 3 /4 spelling list and write them in a sentence, showing your understanding of the meaning.
Friday: Vocabulary work
Find 4 unfamiliar words in your reading work. Look up the meaning of the word and learn to spell it. Try to use these words in a conversation.