It is so important you continue your daily reading. Please read at least 30 minutes a day – great if you can read longer (you may wish to break it up into two 15 minute sessions). Choose from the following types of text:
- your school reading book
- your assigned book on Active Learn – Bug Club:
(log in details on page 21 of Home School Diary)
- one of your own fiction or non-fiction books
- an article on the Children’s Newsround website
- a magazine or comic
Once a week, choose three reading questions from your home reading diary on pages 32-35 and answer these.
Daily English Lesson on Oak National Academy
Click on the link to take part in the Daily English Lesson for Year 4 on the Oak National Academy Website. Look for today’s date.
Choose two of the following activities to complete each week:
- Write the weekly shopping list out for your parents
- Write a letter to an elderly relative who is also isolating or who may be missing you!
- Imagine you are the character from your book and write a diary entry for something they do
- Write a poem about all the fun things you’re missing at school!
- Re-tell your favourite fairytale but with a modern day twist
- Create an article persuading someone to come to St Mark’s School, or visit Weston
- Find a picture/photo of a place (a forest, a beach, mountain, planet, cave etc) and write a setting description
- If you have done some cooking at home, write instructions for how to make the food.
Daily Spelling and Word work
Monday: Spelling Shed
Log in details on Page 21 of your Home School Diary.
Practise your spelling assignment on spelling shed.
Practise spelling 10 words from the Year 3/4 spelling list: find these on p 24 to 25 of the Home School Diary. Miss Pugh and Miss French have put some videos on the website to give you ideas:
Wednesday: Spelling Shed
Practise playing the ‘Bonus Games’ on Spelling Shed – try the ‘Bee Keeper’ or ‘Missing Word’ games.
Thursday: Sentence work
Choose 5 words from the Year 3/4 spelling list and write them in a sentence, showing your understanding of the meaning.
Friday: Vocabulary work
Find 6 unfamiliar words in your reading book. Look up the meaning of the word and learn to spell it. Try to use these words in a conversation.